Friday, July 27, 2007

Windows Live Writer Beta

I discovered Windows Live Writer Beta and I think I like it ok. It allows me to publish to multiple blogs or to choose which blog I want to publish to.  It not only supports native Windows Live Blogs but it supports other blog services such as Blogspot.  One of the unique functions of Windows Live Beta is that it logs on to your Blog account after you  give it access and it determines the blog format that you have selected and it downloads any typeface or fonts or graphics that you have in place so when you are publishing an article the WYSIWYG editor shows you exactly what the blog will look like.  Other products like this allow you to post text and  graphics to your blog but you have to preview what it actually looks like before you can publish it.  You can insert the following items as well.

  • Hyperlink
  • Picture
  • Table
  • map
  • Tags

I am using this tool now to post this article to my Chief Blog.  Enjoy!

Windows Live Writer Beta

No comments: