Monday, December 08, 2008

Backupexec 12.5 update

I am sitting here updating Backupexec 12.1 to 12.5 and that process started around 4 pm today. I upgraded the backupexec media server first and then began to do a remote install to all of my servers for the remote agent. The remote agent allows the backupexec media server to connect to the server and process a scheduled backup job. I believe that the 12.1 version of the remote agent would have probably worked but I decided it would be best to keep all the version at the same level just to be safe. One of my servers decided that it did not want to allow a remote installation caused me some problems. I had to copy the entire install cd over the network to that server and then did a local install from there. Problem solved!!!

Now, all I have to do is confirm the backup job for tonight and make sure everything is selected correctly and I can go home for the night. Sweet....

No comments: